Thursday, March 3, 2011

pearly king and queen in the limelight

i know that every time i post a limelight card i say that it's my favorite of mandy's sketches, but honestly, it is true every time. especially NOW!!!


a *ROUND* card with layers of flowers and butterflies on it and a space for some glorious ribbon?! seriously. what's NOT to love. especially since this week the product focus is on PEARLS...which i never, ever, object to using!

of course you don't have to put flowers and butterflies there...you can put stars and robots...or hearts and cupcakes...or perhaps even birds and roses? :) but i love the way mandy's sketches are sort of complete mini-works of art in themselves!


(patterned paper: autumn leaves, doodlebug, pink paislee; clipart birds: anahata katkin, papaya!; pearl flourish: prima; crinkly seam binding: pixie dust paperie; tag: k&co; circle sticker: creative imaginations; heart & word stickers: echo park; edge punch: recollections; adhesives: xyron, tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape; other: hindi newspaper; fancy pants chipboard frame used as a template; decorative scissors)


this card has many of my "old favorites" on it: glossy clipart birds, hindi newspaper, a pearl flourish, the super-addictive crinkled seam binding that comes in every pixie dust paperie kit, and i've used my favorite funky chipboard frame as a template to cut a couple of layers of patterned paper on which to rest my circular design.


and now, since i know you cannot wait to make YOUR version of this awesome sketch, here are the details you need to know:


**Use the sketch provided and try to incorporate some PEARLS!
**Key word for SCS upload is LLPC068.
**Post a comment with a link to your card on Mandy's blog by Sunday, March 6th, at midnight.
**A lovely PRIZE is awarded randomly to one participant, and will be announce on Monday!

20 comments:

  1. Love love love the pink birds ... what a cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous card, miss lauren! love those pretty birdies and flower. wonderful cinched seam binding and yummy pearl flourishes. wow, that's cool, hindi paper? thanks for sharing and have a lovely rest of your week! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Очень красивая открытка!!! Весенняя, радостная, нежная! ))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! ... this is so pretty ... so romantic ... I LOVE those birdies and the rose ... Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOH my goodness this card is amazing. I love it. I am totally into the sketch too. That is a piece of work right there. I love the detail you put into the card. The bird, the colors, the yellow frame. Awesome. Put it up on flickr cause its totally going into my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, lauren, this is SO awesome and pretty!--love the birds, rose, and that sweet little tagged sentiment! you've used some of my favs, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card is beautiful! Season for birds? I have to do a card for chalenges with wings. I had no ideas for birds, but I'll make it with butterflies...
    Thank you very much for your lovely comment. I was sad, there is nobody, who likes the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *clunk* that was my jaw hitting the desk!! girl this is S T U N I N G :) off to make my card now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love how you used the birds and gorgeous pearls. Beautiful take on the sketch.

    Lisa a

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in AWE absolute AWE of you skills! This is soooooo completely GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would FRAME this! I love every little speck of it- Beee-autiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE those birds and THAT rose... WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lauren love your blog and you creations are stunning love the name of your blogg too lol and by the way you can never have to much of anything crafty
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness....your cards are always so fabulous and this one is no exception....FANTASTIC!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can I tell you how much I love you!?!?!??! Thanks babe for the blog love for me today...totally made my DAY!!! You are the SWEETEST! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this card! I love love love love those birdies!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card. The birds are a unique take on the sketch and love the pearl swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is drop-dead gorgeous! Those birds are fabulous and your stiched seam binding is yummy too! Aren't the Limelight sketches fabulous???

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a gorgeous card! I love those birds! You make everything look so effortless...seriously!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. There is one word for this, PRETTY!!!!!! So love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. First, I wanted to say thank you SO much for visiting my blog and leaving love, extremely awesome love at that!!!

    Second, I am in awe of your trip, the pictures you posted. But this card!!!! It's beyond wonderful! Those pearls are fantastic, so's the ribbon, and those birds, I haven't stopped looking at it for several minutes! Wowza!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~