Sunday, January 2, 2011

jingle belles: CARD ONE

i had soooooo many cool things to tell you yesterday that i never posted my jingle belles card! so in case you've not been over there yet, i'll do it now. the prompt for CARD ONE is SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW which you can interpret in any way that you like; i chose to combine some cool vintagey bits with a few brand new items i got for christmas or in the sales right after:

(vintage: ideals magazine, sheet music; patterned paper: dcwv, hambly, love elsie; flowers & leaves: prima; dimensional tree stickers and fabric brad: recollections; ribbon: may arts; small brads: doodlebug; bling snowflakes: oriental trading co; adhesives: uhu gluestick, tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)

for old i've got a poem and illustration from a vintage "ideals" magazine, plus a bit of vintage sheet music; for new there are some fancy recollections' christmas tree stickers, a super-cool fabric brad, and my very VERY all-time favorite may arts leaf ribbon...which i'll tell you right now you'll be seeing A LOT MORE OF because the amazin' stef gave me AN ENTIRE ROLL for christmas!!! everything else is of medium age from my stash, and i went with a round card just to kind of maximize the pretty scene.

i am verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry excited indeed to report that we've already had cards come in over at jingle belles!!! NEVER in my wildest dreams did i think we'd have submissions on the first and second day, and i could not be more thrilled! plus i have to tell you that just the excitement of getting started this early on my own cards would actually be enough for me...but to have a gang of old friends and new ones doing it too, at the same time, in an atmosphere of ZERO PRESSURE??! this might be the coolest card-making experience of my life to date! seriously.

thank you so very much to all who've played along already, and WELCOME!!! if you're reading this and wondering, "should *I* try that?" all i can say is the feeling of virtue involved making a holiday card NOW is a heady, heady thing; you have to try it for yourself and see!!! ♥

speaking of fabulous card-making experiences, i have one more little new year's surprise up my sleeve: the very lovely mandy has invited me to join her limelight papercrafts sketch design team, and i've just finished my first card which will be shown there (& here!) this thursday, january 6th. the sketch is FAB♥U♥LOUS and i must say i am quite pleased with my take on it, too, so i hope you'll come back for that!

14 comments:

  1. ohYES, love your fabulous card! it's a beauty! i also love your new challenge blog! yay!
    congrats on your designer role! super duper awesome and they are lucky to have you :)!
    *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card - really, really special!
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new DT!! I love the card and hope to play along as much as I can. Miss you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Lauren ... yep, I braved it and got out my stuff ... thought I'd had enough of Christmas cards but then that's the challenge huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this card. I've been M.I.A. for a few weeks, and am happy to see that you are still making the most unbelievable cards ever.

    Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, it is so you!!! I am so excited about the Jingle Belles challenges. Am going to sit down today and make mine and submit it!

    (btw, I love that someone else enjoys vintage Ideals magazines, they make me think of my childhood, Mom has always had them!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren. DAH-LING!!! Your card is so beautimous...it almost makes me wish it WAS Christmas. Almost. ;) Love all the layers, the colors, the textures. It's so fresh and so pretty and so, so, so WONDERFUL!!!!! The poem, the bling, the trees, the sheet music, the flowers...ACK!! I'm in overload. It's just gorgeous.

    So glad I got "infected" by you crazy Jingle Belles. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I never failed to be AWED by your work!!! Hope you had a fabulous Christmas and New Year!! Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm trying to play catch up on my google reader...LOVE this card and I'm sooooo thrilled about Jingle Belles...thanks to you gals that started it!!!

    Woot Woot on Limelight!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous start of the year, congrats on your new DT spot, the launch of Jingle Belles, and many more wonderful things coming your way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay I'm in love with this card. It was very stressful for me to make a card for the challenges because this one is uberly amazing. Love the papers and the trees. Jinglebelles is going to be a rockin' blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new DT!! This x-mas card have a nice vintage feeling to it. Love it being a round card. Will try to create one before time runs out!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card! Loving the new challenge blog! Congrats on the new DT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very jolly card. I love the colors you used. And round, sheesh, I would never have thought to use round for Christmas. But you did. AND it's great. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~