Thursday, June 11, 2009

hoppy days are here again!

around christmas time, when i was sorting through my sticker stash, i came across a couple of sheets of girl-themed memories complete circle stickers that i must've bought......well let's just say i must've bought them long enough ago that i have no idea when that would've been. or where. or what i intended to do with them. :)



a lot of times when i find very old product that i still haven't used my reaction is, "hmmmmmmmm...wonder what i was thinking THAT DAY??!" but these still looked good to me and started me off on a little mini-fad of making round cards. and then, last week, a found a sheet of the same stickers, but with a boy theme. and the mini-fad returned.

see??!

(patterned paper: basic grey, scenic route, american crafts, ki; ring sticker: memories complete; bling sticker: heidi swapp; alphas: making memories, doodlebug; adhesives: tombow monoadhesive runner, uhu gluestick, 3m foam tape)

yes, it's a birthday greeting for my young friend carlos (isabel's big brother) who's just turned two. i am happy to report that he enjoyed his card quite a bit, which he let me know by pointing to the frog and saying, "FWOG!" a number of times and making quite a creditable ribbetty noise. what more can a cardmaker ask for, eh??! ♥

6 comments:

  1. What a great card... the papers... the colours... the frog... and the sentiment: OMG! Absolutely super!

    Btw: I know quite well which thoughts you have going through the papers and stuff... it`s a bit like Columbus must have felt: he also discovered something new he never saw before *gg*

    Thanks a lot for your kind comment on my quotation box :)

    Greetings from Germany,
    Gabriele

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoOoOoOoVE this this Lauren! As the mom of three little boys I am always in need of boy themed stuff, however I totally struggle with it. This is just plain awesome!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny I remember those things...you did a fab job with them, I think I used one on a layout then pitched them

    ReplyDelete
  4. OhMyGoodness....this is absolutely magnificent!!! That "fwog" is totally fabulous...excellent job missy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that little frog is just too precious! I love it!

    :) Mcihelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy cards are tough, but you've aced it with this one!!! I love that adorable little froggy and completely understand Carlos' fascination with it :)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~