Tuesday, February 24, 2009

frankie say...thanks (again)

turns out, flamingoes are not just good at posing for postcards and eating shrimp...they are also exceptionally fine at expressing gratitude! who knew??! to prove it, here's frankie f. gracing another thank you card in his own inimitable style:

(hand-carved flamingo & circled heart: tyggereye art; patterned paper: making memories, 3 bugs, basic grey, bit of an old greeting card, dcwv, sei, vintage ledger paper stamped with palm leaves (rubber stamp plantation), anna griffin; cardstock: core'dinations; flowers: prima; epoxy brads: making memories; ribbon: michaels; other: fiskars shape template (oval), colorbox inks, zig pen, 3m foam tape)

note to miss june: with the exception of the pink cardstock base, every single bit of paper on this card is a scrap...as is the ribbon!!! (don't worry, though, i still have PLENTY left!) :)

8 comments:

  1. yes, i just bet you have plenty left...you are SO good at transforming your scraps into something wonderful...i love the flamingo...hooray for pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bow to you, Scrap Queen-maker of gorgeous frankie card. I make peeps cringe when I tell them I rarely use scraps...I'm just not that organized :) Super fun pink-alicious card Lauren!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah...scrappy cards are THE best! And Frankie proves it today.

    Frankie is really stylin'. You mentioned "flamingoes are not just good at posing for postcards and eating shrimp"...you forgot to mention "yard art" LOL!

    This would also make a great baby card...stork, flamingo, whatever :)

    This card is really yummy with all the delicious pink and faux stitching. Which reminds me I have a sheet of SU dp that has stripes of varied patterns. Mind if I try to emulate you, O Great Card Maker? I love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I must say Frankie is looking uber stylish today! I LOVE that pink and green color combo and kudos to you for so much scrap usage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Frankie card...what a stylish flamingo he is! And clearly pink is definitely his colour....LOL! Love everything about this card...the ribbon is especially adorable ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a feeling Frankie is going to be very busy at your house! He makes beautiful cards (well actually you make beautiful cards with Frankie on them!). I am awed by your use of scraps and that perfect faux stitching! debb

    PS This image just popped into my head...I can see Frankie, perhaps dressed in a boa or a top hat, preening in front of a mirror! It gave me a laugh to think it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how freaking adorable is that card!! Wowsers!!! Gorgeous girlie, absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this card is so cute, and so great that it's made out of scraps! lovely!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~