Thursday, October 16, 2008

say it with cheezburgerz

this has been quite a challenging* week for a number of reasons, the greatest of which being that lovely husband jeff has been in harrisburg, pennsylvania since sunday. thankfully, he is scheduled to return this evening. i could write several paragraphs on why this is a truly wonderful thing, and how happy i am about it, or i could just show you THIS:


...which sums it up rather nicely, i think!

speaking of cheezburgerz...my lovely blogging friend yin sent me this cool article about the popularity of lolcats and viral internet memes generally, which you might enjoy reading. i know i did! (thanks, yin!) :)

*by which, of course, i mean "bloody buggery bastard of a"; a phrase which a wholesome & ladylike blogger like myself would politely bury in the teeny tiny print of a footnote**

**you're welcome ♥

5 comments:

  1. aw thanks for the shout out!

    and i TOTALLY had a case of the Columbus Day blues, but I didn't want to say anything in case you actually made it to the post office during the weekend because then I would be the slacker! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that article... tres interesant :) As a philosophy student I found the idea of memes fascinating, but never thought about lolcats as being part of that. Though clearly the author of that article would classify me (& you) as not quite completely sane....mmmmmm, maybe they're right....LOL!
    Love the one you put up today....too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and LHJ enjoyed a wonderful reunion last night. It's difficult being away from your Sweetie! I hope he had safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to show you these lolcat pictures I made.. these are my actual cats :)

    http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/view.aspx?ciid=2294697

    http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/view.aspx?ciid=2294734

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww - I can just imagine you assuming that pose as LHJ came through the door ....

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~